About our Bloggers
Joined on: August 7th, 2015
Amanda Schaffer, FLVS Professional Learning Specialist, came to Florida Virtual School in 2013. As an educator, she has worked as a teacher, cheerleading coach, and district resource coach. She came to FLVS from Orange County Public Schools where she earned her school's title of Teacher of the Year in 2010. Currently she leads training for teachers and new hires at FLVS. Mrs. Schaffer is passionate about the research of Carol Dweck and helping students and teachers develop a Growth Mindset!
Recent Posts by Amanda Schaffer
- Why Every Teacher Should Go See “Hidden Figures”
- Thankful for the Mountains We Climb
- Using Hamilton the Musical in the Classroom
- Back to School: Virtual Style
- Would you look at that?
- Are We Teaching Girls to Fear Failure?
- Help! I need somebody! Help!
- Military Family Appreciation
- Seven Survival Skills for Careers
- #WhyIWrite - National Day on Writing