About our Bloggers
Joined on: August 7th, 2015
Amanda Schaffer came to Florida Virtual School in 2013. As an educator, she has worked as a teacher, cheerleading coach, and district resource coach. At Orange County Public Schools, she earned her school's title of Teacher of the Year in 2010. At FLVS, she has led training for teachers and teaches Leadership Skills Development. Mrs. Schaffer is passionate about the research of Carol Dweck and helping students and teachers develop a Growth Mindset!
Recent Posts by Amanda Schaffer
- Teamwork: Practice, Perspective, and Persistence
- Growth Knows No Limits
- Rain Clouds and a Growth Mindset
- Why Every Teacher Should Go See “Hidden Figures”
- Thankful for the Mountains We Climb
- Using Hamilton the Musical in the Classroom
- Back to School: Virtual Style
- Would you look at that?
- Are We Teaching Girls to Fear Failure?
- Help! I need somebody! Help!