10 Ways Schools Can Prepare for COVID-19
Online education is known for providing students from all backgrounds a path for learning.
From student athletes to hospital/homebound students, online learning can offer students the opportunity to continue their education at any time and from any place. It also allows students to stay on track amid health concerns, disaster relief efforts, and other challenging circumstances.
At Florida Virtual School (FLVS), we serve schools and teachers so they are able to support students despite disruptions. Working closely with school districts, we have collected a number of best practices over the last 22 years of teaching students in this unique online environment.
Here’s our collection of tips to help schools and teachers meet the educational needs of students when transitioning to an online learning environment.
As an online school district and educational solutions provider, FLVS is equipped to help students stay on track if or when traditional classroom instruction is disrupted.
We have also collected a few tips and useful information regarding coronavirus and educational impacts:
- Tips from Wall Street Journal on School Closures Preparedness
- Tips from Education Week for Remote Learning During COVID-19
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Academic Integrity
- School Closure Map Tracker by Education Week
- CDC Information on COVID-19
- Florida Department of Education – Virtual School Options in Florida
- Florida Department of Health – COVID-19 Toolkit
Join the discussion in the comments below or on LinkedIn using #FLVSTeacherTraining.