Why Back to School is Better Online (Remix!)
A few years ago, I wrote a blog post sharing why going back to school is way easier online.
Now that it’s August and students are once again headed back into classrooms across the state of Florida, it seemed like a great opportunity to revisit our list of reasons why students at FLVS Flex and FLVS Full Time have it made!
We all know that there all kinds of benefits to virtual school…
From the value of learning how to study and succeed online in general to the fact that Driver Education meets the online high school course requirement for students in Florida, there are plenty of advantages. But the perks we’ve outlined below are much cooler than these!
Here is our new and improved top 15 list of reasons the first day of school at FLVS is infinitely better than the first day at “regular” school…
1. You don’t have to worry about what you will be wearing on the first day of school.
Pajamas are just fine. The ones with the cute ducks will work!
2. You can wake up 5 minutes before your live lesson and still be on time!
3. Bus? What bus?
4. Finish all of your assignments by Thursday.
You’ve just created your very own 3-day weekend! BONUS!
5. Study between midnight and 6am.
Want to do school at night? That works!
6. Judgment-free zone.
No one will judge if you haven’t brushed your hair or teeth yet!
7. Have a question? Text your teacher – they love it!
Some of our teachers are even on Twitter and Instagram!
8. No more waiting in line.
No need to wait for lunch, the bathroom, or teacher attention.
9. Didn’t master the material on that really tough lesson? Help is available!
Check your course announcement page for tutoring info. It’s FREE and the teachers love to help!
10. Join any of our extracurricular clubs.
You’ll make lots of new friends!
11. Learn when and where it works for you.
Just remember to stay on track!
12. Take a nap in the middle of 5th period
…or 1pm in “traditional school speak” (as long as you’re ahead of pace!)
13. Study anywhere you want!
Do you feel like you’ll miss the movement between classes? Go ahead and move your laptop from room to room in your house every 50 minutes! Better yet, take your laptop to a free Wi-Fi spot and grab lunch while you work on your class assignments.
14. Special events happen all year long!
National Pi Day, World Fest, Shakespeare Fest, Celebrate Literacy Week, and more! There is always something special going on at FLVS.
15. You will always have the best seat in the class.
What would you add to this list?