New School Year, New Adventure!
A new school year is upon us and the teachers, students, parents, administrators and staff in our FLVS Flex and Full Time Elementary family are ready to get this amazing year started!
This year, we’ve released 48 brand new online elementary courses for students in Kindergarten through 5th grade. If you’re interested in signing your child up for one or more elementary subjects, check out the course descriptions below — as well as a few helpful tips for a successful online school year!
Ready, Set, Learn!
Here are several reminders to help elementary parents and their child prepare for a successful school year:
1. Create a clean, quiet learning environment. This may seem obvious, but remember that when our students are on camera and on the microphone, the class will see everything behind them! This area should be free of distractions to ensure a quality space for our students to learn.
2. Plan and schedule your week. Use the Weekly Planner available on the teacher’s Announcement Page.
3. Keep Class Time as a regular block in your schedule. Woody Allen says, “80% of success is showing up.” That is absolutely the case with Class Time with FLVS Elementary. While we understand that life can get in the way at times, our own experience has shown that our students are most successful when they consistently attend Class Time. Live Class Time attendance provides our students with ownership of their learning and allows for student interaction among classmates.
4. Successful students work consistently and in sequential order. Students learn best when they work consistently to master the required skills. It is also important to remember that skills build on prior knowledge and success is achieved by working in sequential order. Should an unexpected emergency arise, it is important that students catch up and submit missing work within the following two weeks to keep up the momentum and stay on pace.
5. Tap into talents by taking one of our special area courses or joining a club. FLVS Elementary offers optional special area courses for Kindergarten through 5th grade. Students can choose to take one of our four special area courses that we offer!
Explore our Specials
Join a Club
We are excited to offer our elementary students the opportunity to join several extracurricular clubs. Learn more at www.flvs.net/clubs. Clubs being offered include:
- American Sign Language (Grades 4-5)
- Book Club (Grades K-5)
- Cheerleading Club (Grades K-5)
- Chess Club (Grades 3-5)
- Coding Club (Grades 3-5)
- Kids of Character Club (Grades K-5)
- Music Club (Grades K-5)
- Newspaper/Photography Club(Grades 4-5)
- National Junior Honor Society(Grade 5)
- Robotics (Grades 2-5)
- STEAM Club Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (Grades K-5)
- Spanish Club (Grades K-5)
- TV Productions Morning Announcements (Grade 5)
Interested in signing your child up for FLVS Elementary?
We are looking forward to a fabulous year full of learning and excitement!
FLVS Full Time will reopen for spring enrollment later this year. However, FLVS Flex Elementary courses remain open throughout the year and you can sign up for courses here!