Up and Atom: Explore STEM Courses & Clubs
If you were to travel back in time, even 150 years, you couldn’t find a car, computer, or solar panel in sight. But with creative minds, society has transformed with inventions that bring us closer together and simplify our daily lives. None of this would be possible without the study of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
When it comes to STEM education, Florida Virtual School (FLVS) has a lot to offer students in and out of the classroom – so they can be leaders of innovation in the years to come.
Building New Roads to the Future
Science & Engineering
At FLVS, Kindergarten-12th grade students take their knowledge to new levels with science courses that explore gravitational forces, chemical changes, and the building blocks of life.
These studies are fundamental to students’ success – but students can take their knowledge even farther by exploring science through unique lenses, with courses like Meteorology, Environmental Science featuring the Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation, and Forensic Science!
FLVS Science Courses
- Science for Kindergarten-5th Grade
- Comprehensive Science for 6th-8th Grade
- Advanced Placement® (AP) Biology
- And more!
And the learning doesn’t stop when students leave the online classroom. FLVS students can join a number of science and engineering clubs that put their knowledge and creativity to the test – including the Robotics Club, where 2nd-5th grade students use LEGOs to build and program their very own robots!
FLVS Science & Engineering Clubs
- Science/STEM Club (FLVS Full Time, 6th-12th Grade)
- Science National Honor Society (FLVS Flex & Full Time, 6th-12th Grade)
- Science Fair (FLVS Full Time, 9th-12th Grade)
- Robotics Club (FLVS Flex & Full Time, 2nd-5th Grade)
Preparing for Tomorrow, Today
Mathematics & Technology
There’s no doubt that technology is evolving. With online learning, students have the unique opportunity to stay ahead of the curve. From Kindergarten-12th grade, students can strengthen their critical thinking and problem-solving skills – preparing for high-demand careers of tomorrow, with courses like Computer Programming and Cybersecurity.
FLVS Mathematics & Technology Courses
- Probability and Statistics with Applications
- AP® Calculus
- Computer Science for Kindergarten-5th Grade
- M/J Coding Fundamentals
- Digital Information Technology
- AP® Computer Science
- And more!
Students with an appetite for pi (π) or gaming can get their fill with other enthusiastic students in one of our math or technology clubs—like Coding Club or Math Club. Here students can exchange their favorite tips and tricks to solve complex problems and create games, apps, and programs!
FLVS Mathematics & Technology Clubs
- Coding Clubs (FLVS Flex & Full Time, Kindergarten-12th Grade)
- Technology Club (FLVS Full Time, 6th-12th Grade)
- Video Game Club (FLVS Full Time, 6th-12th Grade)
- Video Production Clubs (FLVS Flex & Full Time, Kindergarten-12th Grade)
- Math Club (FLVS Flex & Full Time, 6th-12th Grade)
Ready to bring your big ideas to life? Explore our STEM courses and clubs today!