12 Mental Health Tips for FLVS Students
So, we all know mental health is important. And prioritizing your mental health is essential—especially as a student. But easier said than done, right? Don’t worry, the Florida Virtual School student services team has your back!
This May is Mental Health Awareness Month, and they’re sharing ways you can incorporate mental health practices into your daily schedule as a student.
- Go on a digital detox and spend a meaningful day with family and/or friends.
- Call a friend or relative you haven’t talked to in a while.
- Help someone in need.
- Meet someone for an outdoor walk.
Trade in Stress
- Try a mindfulness meditation practice.
- List five things that you are grateful for that day.
- Find 15 minutes of quiet time to reflect on your day.
- Watch something that makes you laugh; whether it’s a comedy film or a meme social post.
Reset + Recharge
- Have a “no screens” night and take time to recharge yourself.
- Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening.
- Be kind to yourself when you make a mistake.
- Have a screen-free meal day by turning your phone and TV off while you eat.
Mental Health Awareness Month might only be a month in length, but for us at Florida Virtual School, it exists every day. Check out the Student Resource Center to see upcoming webinars hosted by our counselors and follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for more tips.
Need assistance? Contact our student services team at email@example.com.
This is really helpful. Thank you so much!